From Is THIS What's Holding You Back by Leonie Dawson:
You’re brimming with good thoughts.
Beautiful dreams ready to come to life.
You’re ready to do it. Really ready.
You just know it’s going to happen this time.
You switch on. Click on over.
You go check Facebook, Twitter, your inbox, your RSS reader for that one bit of inspiration, that kick up the butt, that whatever you are waiting for.
And everything flips on its side.
See what someone else is doing.
Hear one remark that doesn’t fly right.
Get caught up in the latest drama, that other distraction.
And just like that.
Energy down. Inspiration gone. Self doubt sets in.
In doing the worksheet "magic", what did you learn about yourself?
I learned that I don't have a lot of skills. Like the questions about what kind of advice I'm always giving to people, or what people are always asking me, or what questions am I always asked at my job or on my blog.
Nothing. I can't think of anything. I give cat advice mostly. I tend to avoid giving writing advice after participating on a writers forum where my work-in-progress became a write-by-committee book, and I let stupid forum postings knock my self-esteem. (And I still try and hang out on that forum. :( ) That was the beginning of writing not being very fun anymore. My mom occasionally asks me for computer troubleshooting help or Facebook help.
And I was a little jealous about selling your physical goods online because I'm crafty limited. I've always wanted to try painting, but I'm just not very visual. I have a sewing machine I bought after taking a Sewing 101 class; I've yet to use it. And that Sewing 101 class was frustratingly fun. :)
I'm frustrated with starting a home cake decorating business because I honestly don't know how, and I don't want to do it alone. I've been skimming through craft business books, but these books assume you're making/selling crafts like crochet, sewing, jewelry where it's easier to do shows and make/keep inventory.
What comes so naturally to you that you didn't even think of it as a potential money maker?
Being nurturing and supportive.
I think I wouldn't have realized or acknowledged this if it weren't for the other goddesses talking about their coaching businesses.
Of the 50 ways you can make a living doing what you love, which ones make your heart race with excitement?
1. When I lived in Savannah, I was a member of the Savannah Area Artisans Guild (SAAG). (I also helped out with their public relations and newsletter.) It was a group of crafters who were working their craft as a business. They'd have monthly meetings; coordinate craft shows for businesses in the area for fundraisers, etc. Networking opportunities, etc.
When I moved back to Cincinnati, I joined Shoptique Productions, which looked like it was like SAAG. Monthly meetings, show event calendar, Facebook group. But maybe about like April or so, the coordinator just kinda stopped working on it. She got into a long distance relationship with some guy in Seattle, and eventually got engaged to him, and moved to be with him last June. Shoptique hasn't been updated since--and there were a lot of people who forked over the $25 dues and were p*ssed at the outcome, i.e., coordinator bailing without a backup plan or a goodbye. (Coordinator was also very self-centered. The meetings were always about her and her business, and she never wanted any help, i.e., updating website, gathering show information, etc.)
I want to create something like SAAG and Shoptique, but more focused on making connections/friendships. I left Savannah before SAAG got to that point. Shoptique was never designed with that purpose in mind.
2. In the early 2000's, I was a member of a local writers group called the Writers Circle. We had competitions where we'd earn points based on writerly things we'd do; whoever had the most points at the end of three months won a Barnes & Noble gift card. There'd be monthly writing workshops at the leader's house. She coordinated an art/literary salon once.
It was all really supportive, and I did the most fun writing ever in those three months. But I think there were some issues with some of the members; leader tried to handle it and I guess it caused too much stress because she disbanded the group. Originally she emailed everyone saying she was going to take a break and retool the Writers Circle, but then maybe a month or so later, we got another email saying she just couldn't do it anymore because of the attitude of some members.
I want to create something like the Writers Circle. (I have experience handling trouble/freak members, so the disbanding problem can be avoided.)
I've always wanted to learn how to can. Bought a canning kit a few years ago; have done nothing with it. But I'm thinking... if I learn how to can, and can "crazy" or unique food... that could be my "in" to local craft shows... which would then start generating money to use for Tricycle Treats.
Example: The last I checked, it's around $300 a year for me to get farmer's market insurance. I can't afford that with my Day Job paychecks. I can't see myself affording that with my Day Job paychecks any time soon or any time later.
Oh... I can't sell cupcakes because the schools or churches who host the craft shows always do a bake sale as a fundraiser.
What are the three streams of income you are going to work on next?
1. Joint venture on Tricycle Treats with my boyfriend.
First steps: Create a business plan; learn how to can.
Ongoing steps: Continued practice on cake decorating. I taught cake decorating classes (buttercream, royal icing, gum paste and fondant) for a year in the evenings while working a Day Job, so I never really had the time to improve on my skills. One of the reasons why I quit teaching was that I didn’t feel confident anymore. Some of the techniques I had to teach… I never had the time to practice and get good at.
2. Craft group: e-course
The No-Brainer’s Guide to Making Websites
(There's really no excuse ever to have a website that looks like it's from the 90's. I'm looking at you, Shoptique.)
3. Affiliate program
Become an affiliate after getting my websites (Tricycle Treats; Allison Kelsey) updated (or created, i.e., craft group).
* Writers Circle may have to wait until later in the year. though I have an idea for an e-course for that as well.
I'm thinking of dropping the anxiety class this time around. FPU starts next week. If I take both classes, I'll be at the Vineyard twice a week for nine weeks, and then once a week for four weeks after that, finishing out the anxiety class. And I was also thinking in the shower today... maybe I need to *reeeeeeeeally* focus on the financial crap this time. I started reading Starting an eBay Business for Dummies yesterday; dove in and opened up an eBay store (for $16/month). I had an eBay store once before and did okay. It was nice to have my auctions up that didn't sell as auctions as fixed priced items instead, so that stuff would still be out there.
And me taking a bunch of courses in a month never goes well. Last month I had two writing workshops and Radiant Goddess. This month, I'd have FPU, anxiety, Business Goddess, and Radiant Goddess. It's also supposed to start snowing around 3 p.m. and through rush hour. I hate driving in the snow because of the idiots... and all my back ways home are steep, long hills. I'd be stuck taking the interstate tonight.
I know... the anxiety seems like a big issue, but the financial part contributes to the anxiety. It's a catch-22.
I let the Winter Writing Festival go. I got too far behind on my points that I felt like I'd never catch up.
I let the Writing for an Anthology and Flash Fiction classes go. I'm going to download the lessons and do the classes on my own at a later date.
Never even tried to catch up on The Artist's Way. I'm thinking maybe that's not what I needed. (Hi, anxiety class!)
Radiant Goddess course: I didn't get the FULL benefits because I was on a 14-day cleanse for, well, 14 of the 21 days of the course, so couldn't focus on the "movement" part of the course. I did improve my eating habits though: I'm having a NutriBlast every morning; cut back my coffee consumption to 1/2 cup a day and drinking decaf when I'm out in the evenings; only eating meat once or twice a week; and am slowly working on building up the organic/vegetarian ingredients in the kitchen closet and fridge.
I'm bummed I didn't lose any weight during my cleanse. I held at 135, but I got cleansed--and am still regular. (Finally!)
- Grant & Lauren: 100x100
- Business Goddess e-course: Starts Feb. 1. Goes until ??
- Radiant Goddess self study: Feb. 8 - Feb. 28. (Start NIA!)
- Financial Peace University: Starts Feb. 13. Cupcake opportunity.
- Small Group: Feb. 7 & 21. Go with an open mind; go and be socialable; cupcake opportunity.
- Meet with Christine once or twice.
- Start working on Incredible Life/Business workbooks with Christine.
- I will have $300 for Tailless Cat's vet appointment by Feb. 15 (Also the first week of FPU, so this experience will teach me how to crunch on my budget.)
- I will have my hair done before Feb. 14.
My three words for 2013:
Take baby steps.
Ditch social media. Social media can just suck it. It’s a time suck, it’s not fun anymore, and it brings the negativity out in me.
- Have Grant & Lauren finished, polished, and ready to submit (July 31)
- Submit Grant & Lauren to RWA chapter contests (August-December)
- Plot new novel (August)
- Write new novel (3-Day Novel Contest - Labor Day Weekend)
WRITING - MISC:
- Join Ohio Valley RWA
- Join Central Ohio Fiction Writers
- Attend Lori Foster Reader/Writer event (registration - March; event - June)
- Develop writing/daily schedule where both writing and Jason comes first
- Get involved with the Vineyard (small group, Alpha, volunteer)
- Financial Peace University (February)
- Switch to a flexatarian/vegetarian diet (in progress)
- Exercise routine (NIA - January; walking - warm days; gym w/Jason later in the year?)
- Script Frenzy (April)
- Camp NaNoWriMo (July)
- NaNoWriMo (November)
- Harlequin's SYTYCW (November)
As usual, I fell off the Diva radar. I plead job/financial crap and a misplaced (but well meant) focus on trying to start a home bakery. I won’t go into specifics as that’s so 2012. I even started exploring other online homes, figuring that maybe (for some reason) I wasn’t meant to be *here*, but I kept finding myself coming back to RD, skimming threads; or thinking about RD whenever Jason checked his music forum.
I'm *committed* to finding my writing mojo. I had an epiphany at church, of all places The Dec. 29 service at the Vineyard was a look back at 2012. It was more or less what the church did over the year, but the associate pastor (Kande) also talked a bit about her journey/struggle with weight loss and how she fought God on helping her. When the message got a little God-heavy, I started zoning out, but then she talked about others who may be struggling on a journey.
“It may be that you feel like you have a calling or an invitation from God in your life to be an artist or a writer or whatever, and you're scared to death to let other people see your stuff, or you don't know how to take that next step.”
I woke up when she said writer; got teary eyed when she mentioned how you're scared to death. Then Charlie Hines sang "Redeemed," and the lyrics were up on the screen as he sang, and I cried. Like sobbed.
(I'll have to add the video later. My current temp assignment blocks YouTube.)
Seems like all I could see was the struggle
Haunted by ghosts that lived in my past
Bound up in shackles of all my failures
Wondering how long is this gonna last
Then You look at this prisoner and say to me
‘Son, stop fighting a fight it's already been won’
I am redeemed, You set me free
So I'll shake off these heavy chains
Wipe away every stain, now I'm not who I used to be
I am redeemed, I'm redeemed
So after service, we went to Dewey's Pizza for dinner. As we were waiting for a table, I took out my Kindle Fire and posted on Facebook how I was temporarily parking Tricycle Treats for the long term; that I have been and always will be a writer first, and I *have* to get back to doing that. Only this time I need to really *push* myself.
Fandom Type: Chick Lit
Pairing/Character/General: Julie Davis and Max (needs a last name)
|001.||Learn to be Lonely||002.||Beautiful||003.||It’s About Time||004.||Allstar||005.||Underneath Your Clothes|
|006.||Incomplete||007.||I Survived You||008.||Pitiful||009.||All I Ask of You||010.||Defying Gravity|
|011.||Holding Out for a Hero||012.||Believe||013.||Love is a Battlefield||014.||I’m a Believer||015.||Two in a Million|
|016.||Viva Forever||017.||Goodbye My Friend||018.||Calling Dr. Love||019.||Invisible||020.||Heartbreak Lullaby|
|021.||Drowning||022.||Perfect Day||023.||Echo||024.||Boom||025.||Seein’ Red|
|026.||Selfish||027.||On the Line||028.||Angel||029.||A Thousand Miles||030.||Gravity Rides Everything|
|031.||Gravity||032.||Picture||033.||Bad Day||034.||The First Cut is the Deepest||035.||As Long As You’re Mine|
|036.||The Prayer||037.||Where is the Love||038.||Quit Playing Games with My Heart||039.||Don’t Phunk with My Heart||040.||Love is Only a Feeling|
|041.||The Future||042.||I Believe in a Thing Called Love||043.||Growing on Me||044.||The Last to Know||045.||Stronger|
|046.||Remember When it Rained||047.||For Good||048.||No Good Deed||049.||My Heart Will Go On||050.||What is this Feeling|
|051.||Savin’ Me||052.||How You Remind Me||053.||California||054.||Love Spell||055.||Here Without You|
|056.||Life Will Go On||057.||Desert Rose||058.||Fields of Innocence||059.||Here is Gone||060.||That Don’t Impress Me Much|
|061.||One Thing||062.||Unbreak My Heart||063.||Faith||064.||Dancing With Myself||065.||Arms Wide Open|
|066.||Disease||067.||Gonna Change the World||068.||Here Comes the Sun||069.||Stand by Me||070.||Tainted Love|
|071.||Love Me Do||072.||Closure||073.||Fever||074.||Fall Back Down||075.||River Below|
|076.||Welcome to My Life||077.||She’s All I Ever Had||078.||Private Emotion||079.||Reflection||080.||Going Under|
|081.||Bring Me to Life||082.||Haunted||083.||Imaginary||084.||Taking Over Me||085.||Touch|
|086.||I Don’t Want to Wait||087.||Do You Only Wanna Dance||088.||Baby, I’m a Train Wreck||089.||Missing You||090.||Karma Chameleon|
|091.||Time of My Life||092.||Kryptonite||093.||More to Life||094.||Eye of the Tiger||095.||Blessed|
|096.||Out Here on My Own||097.||Writer’s Choice||098.||Writer‘s Choice.||099.||Writer‘s Choice.||100.||Writer‘s Choice.|
* Fic Tables with links to the songs: http://100songs.livejournal.com/1675.
Okay, so I'm copy-pasting this from my friendnaamah_darling's LJ as I don't have the spoons to write up a post of my own. For those wondering and may remember, yes, the Grace in question is my ex... and what she's going through, no person should ever have to. We are fostering her other two kitties, Duke and Toaster, but there is no way we could take 4 with the number of cats we already have.
If anybody is able to foster or knows people that might be willing or can please get the word out... please, please, please do so. I know these cats, and they are very sweet, affectionate kitties.
Okey-dokey. Here's the deal.
My friend Grace (aka snowcoma) still desperately needs to find a long-term fosterer for her kitties. Their names are Little Owl and Edward-Cat. They are in Seattle.
Grace is in about the worst place a person can be in. She's currently homeless, and while she has a temporary place to stay while she gets back on her feet, her cats are being boarded -- extremely temporarily -- at a vet's office.
If nobody can take them, they'll go to the shelter. We all know how overloaded shelters everywhere are. We all know what happens to adult cats in shelters. I don't like putting it like that, but . . . yes. At the very least, they would be adopted by gods-know-who and she would never see them again. That's unacceptable to me. No. That's just unthinkable.
Grace . . . Grace is extremely bipolar, like me, and like me, she relies on her cats for emotional support. Being separated from them is bad enough. The prospect of having them put down and losing them forever just because life is shitty and crazy is shittier is absolutely horrific. Like, I've had nightmares about it level horrific.
These cats come with character references out the wazoo. Neutered, shots, etc. Get along together just fine. Basically, perfect cats.
Guys. That face.
What we need:
Help finding them a foster home, long-term would be best, but at this point, we are just trying to keep them out of kill shelters. Local to Seattle-ish would be best, but if necessary, maybe we could get them driven out somewhere else. Maybe folks could help arrange transport. Grace can be reached at: 503-568-6660. She keeps odd hours, so don't hesitate to leave voicemail.
Donations to help keep them boarded at the vet's. It's about $28 a day for both of them. If you can donate to this, please contact . Her email address is email@example.com. Ashbet is an amazing person, by the way, and is why they are currently in a vet's being boarded, not in a shelter. So, thank you, babe.
I've posted about this before trying to get them a permanent place to stay, and the best we've got so far is this (very much appreciated) temporary boarding deal. We really need to make this happen. Mostly I just throw the cat halp stuff up here and say "f-list, f-list, do as you will." This time, we need to make the magic happen. I need signal boosts on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Livejournal, and anywhere else you can boost it. I need a fucking miracle, Internet. I'm not just trying to help a friend, I'm trying to help keep a fellow lycanthrope from losing her heart, when she has lost just about everything else a person can lose.
Nobody deserves this. Nobody. Can we please make the world just this one tiny bit less cruel?
Here's the link again. Please spread it around.
This entry was originally posted at http://nonny.dreamwidth.org/491091.html. Please comment there using OpenID.
I can't believe how AOL-like you've become. You remember when AOL was cool, don't you? Back in the early '90's, when it was known as America Online and had an insane price plan (five free hours each month; each additional hour was $2.95), so only the cool people who could afford it were on it. Oh, I spent many a night in the People Connection, hanging out in the lobby, having quality conversations with people like MrVillain, Souder, MsLizard, JudiB0316, BeatleFan, SusieKew... and others. We'd meet in a private room pretty much every night. And, yeah, I had hefty AOL bills. Oh God, did I ever. We're talking over $100 a month. Sometimes $200 a month. And I was 18 at the time. Used the money I had saved up for college to pay those bills; my parents never knew.
And then AOL opened itself up to the masses--and it got lame. Me and my People Connection buddies eventually went our separate ways, leaving AOL and didn't keep in touch. I never canceled my AOL account though; I just couldn't bring myself to do it. It was my first exposure to the Internet; I had so much fun on that service. I know. It's crazy. I dropped myself down to the cheapest pricing plan they had at that time and never logged on again.
Until the early 00's. I decided I was going to spend a Friday night on AOL. I was so psyched up during the day. Even planned to have a pizza party while hanging out online, too. Had the delusional hope that maybe there was some small corner of AOL Land that wasn't lame. Talk about delusional hope. All of AOL had turned into epic lame.
I'm not saying that you're epic lame, LiveJournal. You're just different now, sadly.
I knew when I logged in last week for the first time in almost two years that my friends' list wasn't going to be that active. The bulk of my friends have moved on to "grown up" blogs (you know, the WordPress and Blogger ones) and Twitter and Facebook. But I had the delusional hope that maybe... just maybe... nope. *sigh* And it's really sad. Because up until like 2008 or so, back when I lived in Cincinnati... I'd spend hours on LiveJournal every day between writing posts, and sharing things I've found elsewhere on the Internet, and reading my friends' list. I remember how LiveJournal was always my go-to website whenever I needed a quick break at Work #1 and Work #2. And those quick breaks always turned out to be a little longer than planned just because of all the activity on my friends' list.
(Happily, though, two out of three of my absolute favorite writing communities are still active! So YAY there!)
Yet I still love you, LiveJournal, and I'm not going to quit you. I lost my blogging virginity to you back in 2002, and there's too much of me stored here that I shouldn't forget. Yes, I know, I have my "grown up" blog, but I need my LJ. Especially now. You've always kept me sane, and the insanity's going to flare up big time these next few months.
I promise I won't let you get dusty again.
Just looked up last night's Who episode on Internet Movie Database: Midnight. It's an RTD episode. I did not know that going in, since I missed the opening credits, but yeah, that explains why I had a deep burning love of this episode. All the RTD episodes I've seen are just too freaking cool.
I caught the last 10 or so minutes of the 9 p.m. airing on SciFi. My thought--and it's a completely good one--to quote Stan from South Park: "Dude. This is really fucked up right here."
Made it a point to watch it at 11 p.m., but dumb me, I missed the first five or so minutes of it because I was in the kitchen getting a small cup of Cool Whip, so by the time I came back to change the channel, the Doctor was already on the bus. (Yes, I chose watching CSI Miami at 10 p.m. over Stargate Atlantis. I just have no interest in watching Stargate Atlantis. I don't know why. Well, okay, maybe I do.)
Loved all the clamoring of dialogue between all the characters when Sky went psycho. I know she was possessed, but it's so much fun to say she was psycho because, really, she was psycho when she was possessed. I mean, the look in her eyes when she was reciting everything everyone was saying. Psycho.
Loved how the clamoring just built up as everyone thought they were completely, totally screwed, and were going to die. By this point, I was think-screaming (because I couldn't scream out loud since Mom was in the living room with me), "Why can't I think of something like that???" If I were to scream out loud, it wouldn't be like the loud rabid screaming I was doing, alone in my apartment, when I first saw Bad Wolf, that compelled me to call Jeff afterwards saying, "I just saw THE COOLEST THING EVER! I just saw THE COOLEST THING EVER!!!! It was like genius right on my TV screen." But still, this was pretty fucking cool.
Absolutely loved how the Doctor was all like, "Oh, this is just another day of weird, and look, here's a new being! Let's learn what it is! And don't kill it. I'm going to protect it..." (I'm not dissing the Doctor)... and then the creature fucked with him... and took his voice.
And then when they were going to throw the Doctor out... when he couldn't move. Okay, I sat there, knowing they couldn't kill off the Doctor, but still. The guy can't move. And his eyes were looking pretty desperate. And when his foot got caught on the base of one of the seats, I was like, "Ummm, he won't be able to hold on forever..." Yeah, loved it.
Absolutely absolutely loved it at the end... when the Doctor met up with Donna, and you could just tell that he was messed up from the experience.
Did not love it when my mom said, "I wish they'd all just shut up" when everyone was speaking, and all the dialogue was clamoring together. Oh hai, Mom, I don't make comments when you and Dad watch Burn Notice. And, yeah, speaking of that... I don't get why you have problems with Dexter, but not with Burn Notice. Both have narrative voice overs. But yet, like Mom, I find the voice overs on Burn Notice to be annoying, whereas the voice overs on Dexter are not. (Mom's the opposite).
I am annoyed that SciFi is playing the first of the three Rose episodes everyone has spooged over in LJ Land, starting next Friday. When I'll be in Philly. For good. With no cable. So not fair.
I've not done personal tarot readings with her, but she's done tarot readings on some of my characters (Bauldner and Mallory from my SF novel; Grant and Lauren from the chick lit). Both were eerie accurate! (Though I never told her that in email. I always get these readings done before something BIG happens... like after Grant and Lauren's readings, I got sidetracked with the move... and then I never send the gushing email I want to send.)
Let's Talk Tarot & Readings
Do you want to learn more about Tarot? Want to listen in as a professional Tarot consultant gives free readings? Want to be one of the people who gets a reading? Come join Stephanie Arwen Lynch, president of the American Tarot Association and professional Tarot consultant, as she chats with authors Mandy M Roth and Michelle Pillow Wednesday July 16th from 11pm to 12pm EST.
And you can win a free reading by posting this notice somewhere it hasn't been posted and leaving the link here. Have to leave it there or it doesn't count.
It matches my Twitter name and my web site (which is currently pointing to my LJ, until my site redesign is done).
It's kinda sad that I'm retiring smitsp. Like I said yesterday, I only use that name on NaNoWriMo (it's sentimental... even though I haven't really been on the site very much within the past year, I think the last time I was on there, they have your joined date listed in your message posts. I kinda like seeing my joined date as 2002) and Philly Blog (since it's a huge active message board, and I kinda want to be gender non-specific).
Oooh, I just Googled smitsp. I forgot I also use the name at BookCrossing, AllRecipes.com, and Apple support boards.
But there was a time where *everything* was smitsp. My email, my message board names (I even started out on Romance Divas as smitsp), IM names (well, actually, I can still be reached at AIM as Smitsp and Yahoo IM as smitsp2001). I even debated on doing smitsp.com as a domain name back when I was thinking of a domain name for myself. I knew I didn't want to use my first and last name, because I knew I wouldn't be writing under Smith. Wasn't crazy about smitsp.com. UniquelySteph.com came to mind since I've always been different.
What the hell is a smitsp?
It was my login name and email address I got when I got my free Internet accounts at UC back in 1993. Back when you could get an account on their VAX and Unix systems. UC does their login/email addresses as last name + initial of first name + initial of middle name. Obviously, there was a smithsl, so I got smitsp.
When I returned to UC in 2000 for four years of part time classes, I applied for a free Internet account again. No VAX. No Unix. It's now Bearcat Online. My login/email address? smitsp again.
How'd I become a smitsp2001 at Yahoo?
Some idiot grabbed smitsp. Pissed me off. I was like, "Who even *knows* how to snag smitsp?" I mean, if it weren't for UC, I wouldn't be sitting in front of my computer thinking, "Hmmm. I need a user name. What would be a good user name? I know! smitsp!"
I even checked. I entered all sorts of various passwords that I used, figuring that maybe I created a Yahoo ID and I just forgot. Nope. Someone else is really smitsp there.
Back during my AOL days... when AOL was cool because it cost like $5 million dollars an hour, so no one could really afford it except for cool people... smitsp never once popped into my head as a screen name. I was known as Pita Bread.
When I got an invite code for Gmail... yep, planned to be a smitsp. But, nope, didn't happen. Again, someone thought smitsp was a really cool email name to have.
I just looked over my Google search results for smitsp. The first two pages, everything there is me. With the exception of this... the second to last result... that's not me. I have not been--nor will I ever be--a 40 year old male. Again, I gotta ask, why are others thinking smitsp is a really good user name now?
- 23:07 [Blog Post] The wheels of my mind go round and round: 23:07 [Blog Post] The wheels of my.. tinyurl.com/58w5lr #
- 07:16 I missed the first tour of IHOP All-American pancakes. *sniff* #
- 08:13 Must resist urge to crack into HUC severance to buy a clamshell iBook. #
- 09:01 Didn't resist very hard. I just bought this: tinyurl.com/6reekh Going to go vomit now. #
- 10:07 @srah I wanted to watch Celebrity Family Feud--love the Office--but Dad wanted to watch Open Range instead. #
- 10:10 @cindytink Utterz is completely addicting. :) Haven't done many voice posts; I like using it to send pics to Twitter & to my LiveJournal. #
- 10:11 @faesutherland Two words on the ex doing what he did: CREE. PEE. *hugs* #
- 10:11 @TarotByArwen Hope you're feeling better! #
- 10:13 @PortiaDaCosta Huge congrats on the German sales! :) #
- 10:16 @JenniferLeeland Welcome back, Jen! :) Hope you had fun on the vacation! #
- 10:24 @allikat Hugs on being sick! I'd totally order a pizza, if I were you. Pizza? Good. Food brought to you? Even better. #
- 11:13 [Blog Post] Changing my LJ user name...: I'm changing my LJ user name as of tomorrow. I'.. tinyurl.com/5nrged #
- 12:29 I have four tubs/boxes of scrapbooking supplies to take to Philly with me; two huge boxes of photos. #
- 12:30 This is not counting two tote bags, one large craft tote, and a rolling tote/table combo. #
- 12:48 is finally having a breakdown about finances, the move, and her future life in Philly. #
- 16:27 has gorged on lots of carbs. Dr. Atkins is rolling over in his grave. (And they weren't like yummy good bad carbs either. They were meh.) #
- 18:54 has just got home from driving around to clear her head. #
- 19:04 "We can't buy back jewelry that has stones in them." Thanks, you idiot jeweler. #
- 20:24 @danieljohnsonjr The spam busting method is pure genius! Thanks for passing it on. :) #
- 20:25 Follow-spammer BUSTED: @karen4343 [tinyurl.com/69re28] #
Due to the problems I've had with LoudTwitter, I'm choosing the disconnect and deletion option, so that http://smitsp.livejournal.com will be an invalid URL for anyone who accesses my LJ that way. I'm hoping that will stop the LoudTwitters from being posted.
Those of you who get to my LJ through your friends list... you'll still be able to reach me that way. I'll still be on your friends list and vice versa. All will be well. :)
In case you're curious, see this post from yesterday as to why I've had LoudTwitter problems. I know a number of Twitterers who use LoudTwitter and haven't had any issues. To those Twitterers... read my problem, learn from it, so you don't repeat it. :) I still feel the problem lies mostly with LoudTwitter with how they handle deletion of LoudTwitter accounts. IMO.
I've been thinking about changing my user name for awhile now, since I don't use smitsp as a screen name (just at NaNoWriMo and Philly Blog) or as an email address anymore. This LoudTwitter mess just gives me incentive.
I don't want to post the new user name ahead of time since it's still available, but wanted to give a head's up to those who visit me directly via http://smitsp.livejournal.com
If you're one of my readers who visits directly, please leave a comment with your blog address or a web site where I can find you, so I can alert you to the new URL tomorrow. Thanks!
- 23:07 [Blog Post] The wheels of my mind go round and round: 08:02 @allikat Barbie in anything .. tinyurl.com/6a6kqu #
- 23:07 [Blog Post] The wheels of my mind go round and round: 09:04 Dear OWC: Please don't ask m.. tinyurl.com/5ph27a #
- 08:03 I hate LoudTwitter. That is all. #
- 08:49 @faerielissa Shows you how much I pay attention on RD then, re your sig. :) I never knew you were the best friend she talks about. #
- 08:54 @velvetjademuse I had the best fun when I did 3-Day last year with the scenes where my heroine was drunk. Really got into her voice then. #
- 08:55 @abreeskye Congrats on the impending becoming-an-aunt news! :) #
- 08:57 @strawpoll Yes. I'd choose my age right now. 33. I like who I am, where I'm going, and my 20's just sucked uber big time. #
- 09:03 Oh wow, @FOX29 is following me. :) Didn't expect the return follow. Hi @FOX29! #
- 09:10 [Blog Post] LoudTwitter kindasorta sucks: And I say "kindasorta sucks" because I think, .. tinyurl.com/6mz776 #
- 11:16 [Blog Post] I'm selling on Craig's List!: I've got some "large" items I don't want to ha.. tinyurl.com/5jpu4f #
- 11:18 Cincy/NKY people: I've got some stuff on Craig's List, if interested. (No obligation or pressure to buy! :) ) tinyurl.com/5jpu4f #
- 11:43 @reginaavalos Definitely the new one. Not too crazy about the girl since she's not a celebrity. (She isn't a celebrity, is she?) #
- 11:44 @MelissaFrancis And that is why I'm in no hurry to get a supplemental job. I know I could use the extra money, but I hate the demands. #
- 11:44 @MelissaFrancis Hugs on the work request. I'd just say no, if you can afford not to say no. #
- 11:51 @reginaavalos Shows you how much I follow celebrities then. :) LOL! #
- 18:35 @macanima Seriously? You're serious about taking the turntable? #
- 18:44 @TarotByArwen I am *on* that Papa John's widget! I was Papa John's best friend when I lived in Cincinnati. :) #
- 18:44 @Ayla_F Naaah, no John Barrowman. I am *all* about the Ninth Doctor. :) #
- 18:46 @LanieFuller Look at Lanie... getting all addicted to Twitter... doing the texting thing. :) #
- 18:57 There's floor space in the dining room again. Yet am making slow progress on the packing. Feel I just need to start dumping crap in boxes. #
- 08:02 @allikat Barbie in anything would make for a terrible movie. :) #
- 08:08 @danieljohnsonjr The Hyde Park Kroger always messes with my mind. Odd layout compared to the other two I go to. Milford is kinda weird too. #
- 08:09 @ember_case I'll have to give the OJ/rum thing a try then. Thought about that later; it'd be no different than any other juice/rum drink. :) #
- 08:10 @eleetsdier I can solve your Vista problem: Go Mac. :) #
- 08:13 @abreeskye How to change your backgroud: Click on settings, then click on picture. #
- 08:14 @justinrains If I were a rich girl, I'd probably register more domain extensions. Still debating on if I should get the .net of my name. #
- 08:16 @TarotByArwen Are we talking about the orchids in the banner? Or was there something before the orchids? #
- 08:18 @ember_case Big happy birthday wishes, Mr. Ember! :) #
- 08:20 @strawpoll John Grisham. Even though I've read neither. I just think I'd like his stories better. #
- 09:04 Dear OWC: Please don't ask me to fill out that domestic address form. I need my FireWire drive like, umm, by the end of this week. #
- 09:06 I've never dealt with a place where you maybe have to confirm addresses prior to shipping when the billing/shipping addresses are different. #
- 09:09 [Blog Post] Moving D-Day is...: Monday, July 14I'm hoping, however, I can get it pushed .. tinyurl.com/63q8bc #
- 09:33 @TarotByArwen Orchids/irises, I always get them confused. :) I like the orchids, but I'm kinda thinking it should be more tarotey. :) #
- 10:09 @eleetsdier I switched back in '01 because I was tired of staring at beige. That and that Flower Power iMac looked incredibly spiffy. :) #
- 10:09 @eleetsdier LOL re Milford Kroger! Buying wine at a grocery store will be the one thing I'll really miss when I move to Philadelphia. #
- 11:44 @danieljohnsonjr You and @velvetjademuse have both lost cell phones today. :( Something's in the air. Hope you both find them soon! #
- 11:45 @TarotByArwen Tarotey and flowers could work well together. And swirlies. Because I like swirlies. :) #
- 11:49 @faesutherland I can't even get on the LoudTwitter web site. And here I thought multiple accounts/double LoudTwitter problem was solved. #
- 11:51 I've filled 3 Philly eBay/yard sale tubs. Anything else will be donated to the Peppermint Pig. Unless it fits in nook/cranny of said tubs. #
- 12:11 @justinrains Ugh on the gas prices. That's all I have to say. Where was that at? #
- 17:04 @justinrains Pretty sad there's a line for like $4.23/gal gas. It's been $3.99 to $4.09 up here. #
- 17:06 @allikat Big hugs on the review! Sounds like you need a Sideways moment where you down lots of pinot noir. :) #
- 17:08 No word from OWC if I need to do address verification form which involves faxing in the front of my driver's license and credit card. WTF? #
- 18:12 [Blog Post] The wheels of my mind go round and round: 08:02 @allikat Barbie in anything .. tinyurl.com/656td7 #
- 19:02 @eleetsdier About the space suck on your laptop, to quote stupid former IT girl at my stupid former job: "It's Windows. It just does that." #
- 19:03 @PortiaDaCosta Big, big hugs to you! Hope all will be okay. #
- 19:50 @faerielissa Total clueless moment... College Park, Md... same looking kitten... new same looking kitten... you're Fae's best friend, right? #
- 23:05 [Blog Post] The wheels of my mind go round and round: 08:39 So with Twitter down last ni.. tinyurl.com/5gf94h #
- 23:34 Now my LoudTwitters are posting twice. I can't win. #
- 00:05 @TarotByArwen I wish I was going to RWA. *sigh* #
- 07:34 @TarotByArwen Next year. D.C. Regardless of my financial situation. :) #
- 07:36 @Ayla_F Lots of luck on the contest! :) #
- 07:39 @danieljohnsonjr I've adopted the truth mantra as my motto when I weigh myself. It's better than Dr. Phil's: How's that working out for you? #
- 08:58 @reginaavalos So the BotB character regenerates during the day, so you could play more, but I don't know. Been having more fun with Zombies. #
- 09:05 @danieljohnsonjr Least it's only 2.2 and not more! :) ! I never could stick to the program. Points made me bitter. So go you! :) #
- 09:06 [Blog Post] Randomness from my Twitter favorites...: So I actually got out of the house .. tinyurl.com/5bgqlj #
- 09:16 @danieljohnsonjr 40 pts? That's why I gave up on WW & went to Atkins. The counting of points bummed me out. Still, only a 2.2 gain is good. #
- 09:16 @danieljohnsonjr As Garrison Keillor says: It could be worse. :) #
- 09:20 How dare Pandora play something from the Grey's Anatomy soundtrack on my Sia channel! Bad Pandora! *skips song* #
- 13:07 doing laundry, filled up a bag of clothes to donate to the Peppermint Pig, and am getting ready to work on June financial spreadsheet. *ick* #
- 13:08 @reginaavalos You should try out Packrat. Think I sent you an invite. It's been a time suck for me, and logically I know it shouldn't be. :) #
- 13:35 @reginaavalos I could've swore I invited you. I just checked; I can't invite anymore people today. :( But do a search in the applications. #
- 13:36 Holy crap... Pandora is playing a Maroon 5 song I haven't heard before. Woman from the Superman 2 soundtrack. I go buy on iTunes now. #
- 13:39 I have to buy the whole freaking album??? I don't think so, iTunes. #
- 14:22 I really need to do my taxes, so I can get stimulated. Debt snowball could really use some stimulation. #
- 14:39 @faesutherland Awwwww! I want another cat! :) #
- 15:35 @Ayla_F They got rid of Donna? Pleeeeeeeease say so! I saw her once, and that was enough for me. #
- 15:59 just ordered online file storage from different place since Apple's taking .Mac away from me. Boo! Hiss! #
- 17:42 bagging up jewelry for Plato's Closet. They should take it; the "vintage" look is coming back, right? ;) #
- 18:17 @Ayla_F They're probably ones who only followed to build up their follow list. I get a lot of those. I lost like six or so a few days ago. #
- 18:19 @Ayla_F I remembered who they were; I never returned the follow, but they had *huge* following numbers and few followers in return. #
- 18:41 @TarotByArwen Yeah, I blocked three Spammer Twitterers today. Like I'm really going to click on their links. *rolls eyes* #
- 18:45 just broke a CD 2-drawer holder I was going to offer up for free to Cincy people. (Too much freaking crap.... not enough room to move.....) #